Below, we tell you in detail how we use and store all of your personal and web-use data but, in summary, any personal information you give us is safe and confidential: we store all of your information on a secure server and never share any of your personal details with anybody outside of the Welwyn Tool Group for their mailing or marketing purposes.
Your personal details
Your privacy is important to us, which is why we will never release your personal details to any company outside of the Welwyn Tool Group for their mailing or marketing purposes (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We treat all of your personal information as confidential and keep it on a secure server.
When we may use your personal details
To provide you with the best possible service, we'd like to keep you up-to-date with a range of products and services provided by the Welwyn Tool Group. This may include news of special events, promotions, and product launches. As we are constantly looking to improve our services, if you have registered for the subscription service, we may occasionally contact you for research purposes by post, telephone, SMS text messaging and / or email. You can choose not to receive further information from us by unsubscribing.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To view any information you have disclosed, contact The Company Secretary, Welwyn Tool Group, Unit 2, Little Mundells Business Park, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 1EW. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Using this website and your personal details
You do not have to provide any information to us to use this website. However, certain sections of the site or facilities within the site may not be accessible if you choose not to share essential information with us.
When you visit welwyntoolgroup.com and register for the subscription service, we will ask you to submit - and will collect - personal information from you, including: your name, email address and telephone number. We may collect information about your internet connection and website-use, eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain type, browser type, the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit and any search terms you entered on our website (User Information). We may collect this information from registered and unregistered users. We use this information to help us make improvements to our website and online services.
Any personal information you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we identify you is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Information Commissioner's Office. We use your information for the following purposes only:
- For statistical purposes to improve this website and the services we offer
- To provide you with relevant content
- To administer this website.
If you have registered to receive notification of new content that may be of interest to you, then we may use your personal information to send you these notifications by telephone, email or SMS.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within the Welwyn Tool Group and to reputable third-parties who will help process your request. The Welwyn Tool Group requires all such third-parties to treat your personal information as confidential and to comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation in place at any given time.
We may disclose your personal information and / or User Information if we are asked to do so by the police or any other regulatory or Government authority investigating suspected illegal activities.
How we collect User Information using cookies
A list of the main cookies that welwyntoolgroup.com sets, along with details of what it is used for can be found on the Website Cookies page.
Under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
'any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.'
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address, telepgone numbers and postal address
- The IP address(es) you use or from which you access our services
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests (for example, which topics you may have elected to receive marketing information about)
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- All communications to and from our organisation (written, electronic or voice) may be recorded
Why does Welwyn Tool Group need to collect and store personal data?
We need personal data in order for us to provide you with the products and service(s) to which you have contracted or othewise given your consent.
We are committed to ensuring the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Welwyn Tool Group share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data to third party service providers contracted to Welwyn Tool Group in the course of dealing with you e.g. courier delivery companies. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on our behalf.
How will Welwyn Tool Group use the personal data it collects about me?
Welwyn Tool Group will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Welwyn Tool Group is requiired to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for conmpany tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Welwyn Tool Group contact me?
Where you have given us your 'opt-in' consent, we may use your information to contact you with details about products, services and promotions which we feel may be of interest to you.
You can grant or withdraw your consent, or change your contact preference via our website, by writing to us, or by using the appropriate link contained within our marketing emails.
We may also contact you when we feel the information is relevant to the services which we are contracted to provide to you.
Can I find out what personal data the organisation holds about me?
At your request Welwyn Tool Group can confirm what information we hold about you and how it can be processed. If Welwyn Tool Group does hold information about you, you can request the following information:
- identity and contact details of the personal or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases this will be a representitive in the EU.
- Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (where applicable)
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Welwyn Tool Group or a third party, information about those interests
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed
- Recipients(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
- If we intent to transfer the personal data to a third party or international organisation, information is available about how we do this securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet the minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure that there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necesary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
- The source of personal data if it was not collected from you
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide to access this?
Welwyn Tool Group requires two forms of ID from the following list, one of which must be photographic, when information on your personal data is requested:
- Photo driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill dated within the last three months